Friday, February 11, 2011

A Full Circle

I was going to blog abt something else altogether today but reading my previous entry, I got reminded of how depressed I am 3 months ago, and I just need to write a 'reply' entry to that previous one.


I learnt alot in the past 3 months. Medically, I learnt what I needed to know to survive on call, but most importantly, I re-familiarised myself with the little intricacies of ward work and how to run around efficiently, how to deal with the many idiosyncracies of ur various bosses and how to joke around with ur colleagues that just make u feel better abt ur day.

Now that i'm in a new place, I think I can look back and say that things aren't that bad after all. Of course, nowadays I'm in a generally happier mood so maybe that may have tinted how i remember the past few mths. Cos whenever I bump into my ex-colleagues now, they invariably say things like 'hey you look so happy now' or 'your hair is down!!' or 'you look different!'
Haha

But I suppose I just want to say, that no matter how bad things may look initially, your coping mechanism will eventually kick in, and you may find yourself enjoying your work even, like how i did in my last month.
And also, the only thing that beats your con telling you at the end of the posting that you've done well, is the fact that it is the same 'dementia-prone' con who gave you hell and made you feel like crap in your first week of work.

No comments: