Saturday, July 16, 2005

Europe~Part Three

I love Florence. The churches are beautiful, the people friendly, the food delicious, the men goodlooking and the statues... interesting. Of course there is the added attraction of a certain statue in particular. Let me recount the story of me and David.

We first met on the bus, well it’s more like I saw a picture of him on a bus, and after that I kept noticing paintings of him around, so I was thinking ‘who is this naked man whom I kept seeing? He must be like the hallmark of Florence. I want to see him!’, unfortunately, I voiced out only the last sentence so my friends naturally got disgusted that I wanted so desperately to meet a naked man and henceforth proclaimed that I have feelings for him, and that’s how the whole David thing started. Then we went to Piazza de Signoria and there he is standing there in all his naked glory.

David!!!!!! Posted by Picasa
I was of course met with a lot of ‘there’s your naked man!’ At that moment, I didn’t know that he was called David, and Zh ingeniously inferred that his name might be Peter. He was actually the David of David and Goliath, he was supposed to be holding his rubber band thingy, but to me, he looked more like he was bathing. There were also many other interesting statues, most of them not properly clothed, including one that I insisted on taking a picture with SM.

We then went over to Ponte Vecchio, where we experienced the much talked about Italian men hospitality when several approached us with ‘konnichiwa’ and ‘ni hao’s.

And then, we were brought up to the top of this hill where we saw David again! It must be fate I tell you. This time he was in a rather fetching shade of green. And I was consumed with jealousy after I found out that P bought a statue of David. How could she! But she appeased me with a postcard of him, but let me tell you now P, a postcard is no replacement. *hint*

Our Tuscany dinner that night was absolutely fantastic; I think we all got addicted to the red wine. It was all rather romantic actually, with music playing in the background, and we had a four course meal with soup, pasta, roast chicken and ice-cream, not to mention an overly friendly waiter.

Yay! I love Florence. And David too!

No comments: