Thursday, November 25, 2004

Pink shirts


Nice? Posted by Hello

Today is Guohao’s birthday. After months of planning this day had finally arrived. I rushed to school in the morning, arrived at an unprecedented time of 8.50am and pushed open the Lt door to see the birthday boy awaiting his fate but alas, no Wenkai yet. (the present is with her).

So we waited, Priya, Zhihui and I with excitement and Guohao with nervous anticipation.

At 8.55am, Wenkai arrived. We whooped and Guohao wept. (Kidding, can anyone even picture Guohao weeping?)

Then we cried and coaxed and begged him to please change into the shirt and after a lot of finger pointing and a few expletives he went to change. In unison, we held our breaths.

At 8.57am, a sight to behold. Guohao in a bright pink shirt! Wow! We screamed and cheered like we were Sylvester’s teenage ah lian fans.

And we took a lot of photographs. I’m looking at them right now and I think he looked really good in the shirt. Zhengjie agrees. He thinks the shirt makes Guohao glow in radiance. ‘Yes, like he’s in the PINK of health!’ said I. It’s really a pity that I can’t post the pictures up here (do I hear groans of disappointment) but Guohao is already such a good sport that I really can’t bear to do this to him. I mean, we all know Guohao, nice guy, fit guy, all about going to the gym, exercise and against all things remotely gay. He even had a fit over having to wear the NUS flag day shirt which is orangey red. Imagine the magnitude of the sacrifice he made when he succumbed to us annoying girls and donned the shirt for our viewing pleasure.

For the rest of the day, people kept coming up to Guohao and asking to see the infamous shirt and he had to unbutton his labcoat and show it to them ala Superman/flasher style. Poor thing! But at least you got a lot of birthday greetings, Guohao, do you know the more “Happy Birthday�s you receive the more luck you’ll have in the coming year? (Well actually I made that up but I’m sure there’s a morsel of truth in it somewhere.)

So how can I possibly post up his picture and embarrass him even more after all that mental trauma he had to go through? Yes, I’m a nice girl.

Now those of you who truly know me and are thinking, “Oh come on! Who is she trying to kid?�, give yourselves a pat on the back, you really do know me.

Ta-ta-ta-da-da-da- DAH! (Please make the trumpet noises yourself) PRESENTING….

Guohao in the aforementioned pink shirt!


In the pink of health Posted by Hello


Only the truly shuai can pull this off Posted by Hello

The black box is a precaution on my part that if one unfortunate day he sees this entry he wouldn’t slap me unconscious, swing me around a couple of times by my feet and fling me all the way from Lt 28 to JB.

If you want to see the unedited pictures just approach me I’d be more than willing to show you but please donate $0.10 to the ‘We love Guohao’ fund, proceeds of which go into buying his next birthday present.

1 comment:

plhu said...

gosh i was just behind him as he entered the LT. was a bit shocked by the loud cheers that erupted.