Saturday, November 27, 2004

Incredible!

The Tom yam soup at Far East Plaza is legendary. Ok maybe I’m just exaggerating but it’s really good and it’s a must-try for people who loves really spicy tom yam. Tom yam is my weakness. I’m addicted to that stuff, any time anywhere any amount, put a bowl of tom yam in front of my face and I’ll drink it. So there I am at Far East and even though I just had KFC tom yam chicken for lunch I wanted, needed to have tom yam soup for dinner again. And so I begged and whined and flirted and seduced but Liang remained unmoved and dragged me, screaming and crying, to ‘Shilin Snacks’ (which by the way is highly recommended for anyone who had been to Taiwan and tried the oyster mee sua and chicken cutlet there).

After dinner and dessert, I insisted that we walk the length of Orchard road to look at the Christmas lights (Christmas is my favourite time of the year). So I was walking along merrily, humming Christmas carols, when suddenly GASP! Eeeew! Bleugh! I saw something that made me projectile vomit my Haagen-daz brownie ice-cream onto the head of the uncle standing conveniently in front of me. Thankfully the uncle was wearing a toupee so he whipped it off his head and proceeded to wipe it on Liang’s shirt. (Actually that was a scene from 'My Sassy Girl', thought I’d write that just for fun.)

Anyway what I saw was this. Some whacko was standing on a table in front of Paragon and he had shone spotlights on himself. He was painted entirely in gold and was naked but for a tiny gold thong. At first I thought he was some artiste but he seemed and sounded like an old ah pek, and worse he was gyrating and shaking (that’s the only word to describe it) to some loud music and he kept pointing..erm..inferiorly. Not only was there disturbing visual images, I also had to contend with the verbal garbage that was spewing out of his mouth. He was shouting loudly, bitching about stuff like Singapore idol and the government, in an endless nonsensical tirade and people were actually standing there, mesmerized. Some were even taking photos. I thought about taking a photo to post up here but decided that seeing the sight once is already too much for me to take.

Oh and a big thank you to all of you who told me to watch The Incredibles, it is indeed a good movie and I liked it, so you guys really do know my taste after all.

No comments: