Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nua-ing

Definition: a state of doing absolutely nothing with no purpose whatsoever

Due to the screwed up system of applying for leave for this posting, I got an extended 13day break in a month that is not very conducive for travelling (instead of march as i've originally requested for), and due to other various reasons, I had to scrap my New Zealand plan (even though I've had the itinerary 70% planned already), we went to somewhere more affordable instead.
As such I've got 4 days of leave left to kill by nua-ing at home.

By the last hour of Nua-ing Day 1: I was already rather sick of nua-ing and was suddenly gripped by 2 inclinations:
a) I suddenly realised that I've not been blogging for quite some time [is that a collective 'duh' i hear from you guys?]
b) I suddenly had a very stronge urge to blog

So on day 2 of nua-ing, I sat in front of my laptop and logged on to blogger.com but for the life of me, can't think of anything to blog abt. So i thought to sift through my many many unfinished drafts of blog entries [yes, these days i will blog halfway then get distracted by some other thing then forget all abt blogging. I so miss those days when, usu during mugging, a whole blog entry will just drift into my head and i just cannot continue mugging till i blog it out of my system. Or tht was my excuse then.]
So i tried to sift through my posts but blogger was lagging, and then i got distracted by smth else and forgot abt it.

Now is day 3 of nua-ing and i just spent the past 5min blogging abt how i need to blog but haven't.
I think i shall post up one of my drafts tmrw which coincidentally is also last day of nua-ing.
ok, my new year resolution for this year would be to blog more (and also to exercise more, as per my resolution for the past 10years of my life)

But then again, it takes me one day to realise i need to blog more, another day for me to get round to doing it halfway and a third day to blog abt the need to blog more. So i dun really see a high success rate here.

Maybe i'll blog abt my trip.

Soon.

No comments: