Friday, September 11, 2009

Shameless plugging

It was nice having an impromptu gathering with half of the jie meis today, no thanks to Sm (who had a prior engagement), P (who gave me false hope by agreeing to come but then last minute say she can't becos of the 9/9/09 baby boom????) and Gh (who is MIA, period).
Anyway you guys missed out on eating FREE CHOCOLATE FONDUE!!

I happened to mention tht I have to leave early as i have to help out at Catechol's stall due to some unforeseen circumstances. So immediately Zh and Wk, especially Wk, wanted to come too and kpo. I tell you, never in my SIX years of knowing her have i seen Wk so eagerly offer to give me a lift somewhere. And that was how I unwillingly and very forcibly was forced to treat them to one chocolate fondue set. Heng not that ex hee hee...

Anyway in the short time that i was 'helping out' at the stall, I had fun, kinda reminded me of helping at my dad's shoe shop when I was young. (I was supposed to help for a longer time but I could slack off helping when e gals were around.. yay.. haha)
I think all I did was to smile winningly at and pounce on a few uncles and scoop a couple of bowls of gelato. Oh and also to draw a make-shift name card for a nice lady who wanted a card for our stall but cos the stall just opened so it's not available yet.

But Catechol says I drew in quite a few customers in the short time that I was standing there.
There was this rather creepy unkempt old man who came right up to me, and without even looking at the menu, pointed to the waffles and said "give me one". So I tried to upsell him by promoting the chocolate and gelato and he said "no! I cannot eat sweet things one." Oh no! I thought to myself, but our waffles got caramel so it already sweet! (the doctor in me struggled with my mercenery self for quite a bit there until Catechol hurriedly took the uncle's money and sent him on his way).

Anyhow.. if u happen to be in Chinatown Market pls do drop by and show your support k!! We are at Blk 335 Smith street #02-226. In a secluded corner near the famous Claypot Rice with the infamously long wait.
Errr... also pls kindly note that the offer for freebies is for today only because of err.. certain forceful circumstances.

No comments: