Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Vietnam Part Two

I'm doing this during my supposed derm self-study slot this morning. See I'm so good to u guys..

The Ho Chi Minh Post Office


The interior of the postoffice, of colonial design reminiscent of the french era


Discussing how to replicate that photo we took in London


Sucess!


See it's exactly the same!!!


We went to Reunification Palace next. This was where the Americans resided before the Vietnam War and after that, the president and his family stayed there


In the meeting room, Wk's idea, as usual


Listening to our guided tour, if you think I look like i'm sleeping, that's because I AM


The President's house came complete with a garden on the 3rd floor


The President's bedroom, I thought it looked like some lousy hotel room


The helicopter scene in Miss Saigon, the red circles indicate exactly where the bomb landed last time


Under the ridiculously extravagant President's Palace is a series of underventilated tunnels, this room is where the President planned out his battles


We ate at a sort-of high class roadside stall, where whilst exclaiming how wonderful the food tasted, I spotted some unsavoury cooking habits of the chef here

I was totally bowled over by the waiter there, who not only pulled out our chairs, but also flicked at some invisible dust on Wk's chair with a brush before pulling it out for her! The waitress was also very nice and friendly to us, she 'ahem' even wanted to help yh wipe his clothes when he spilled some soup on himself!

Very very cheap seafood hotpot for four, at only $13 for ALL of us!! Including drinks and kangkong!!!


Yummy!! But ALOT of msg.. Vietnam is a country of motorbikes and msg


The boys, happy in the face of good food, and being very accomodating to me


And that's it! End of Day ONE. Sorry for flooding my blog with my photos

No comments: