Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Unwelcome news and wholesome delights

My mum waited till the pros are over to tell me that the toe growth that Sandy has is malignant and has a high chance of relapse. So today I went down to the vet to learn how to palpate for lymph nodes. You know the sense of satisfaction you get when you manage to palpate one, multiply that by 10x and that was how I felt when I palpated her popliteal nodes, they were huge.

I was in the procedures room getting her stitches removed again (somehow I think the tech left out one stitch) when suddenly the door slammed open and two army medics came in carrying a black German shepherd between them. One of them said, “he was fitting for 20min just now, temp 37.9, heart rate 139, there was laboured breathing and his pupils were alternately constricting and dilating”. Wah!, I thought.

Kudos to my vet who didn’t even bat an eyelid, she just stuck her hand into the dog’s throat, to check for foreign bodies I guess. (afterall, if you see a dyspnoiec dog in front of you, obviously that would be your first differential, instead of listening to medics who like all doctors think they know everything)

Then a huge guy walked in who was obviously the medic head, he had a tough, mean, commanding look to him (actually he reminded me of gh). He strode over to the vet side of the table behind the vet and folded his arms, I thought he was going to do some backseat ‘doctoring’ when he opened his mouth and cooed to the dog in a sickeningly babytalk voice. I left the room quickly after that.

Yesterday I met up with my jc best buddies at ikea, and even though we only meet up like 5 times a year they never fail to ask me about Sandy everytime we meet. They weren’t being polite or concerned or anything, they just truly wanted to know how she is, so that they can evaluate when she is at her juiciest and most succulent and they can chop her up and make claypot (their words, not mine). So when I told them she has cancer, I could really see the disappointment in their eyes, afterall, they have been harbouring this plan for 4 years already. “Help yourself to her la! Chi1 si3 ni3 men2!” I shouted gleefully. I told them that everytime a new growth appears I would have to amputate the toe. “Huh so poor thing!” they said. Naturally I was suspicious of their concern so I waited. Then one of them said, ”might as well just chopped off all the feet first!” Well, I put what chia talk cock taught us to good use and blasted her with the theory of the three Ls. They wanted to come and pay Sandy a visit and bring her something to ‘end her misery’ but I rejected their kind offer since Sandy doesn’t like them much (sm if you think sandy dun like you, you should see how she treats them).

It was still fun meeting up with them tho, only with these people can I actually have fun shopping at ikea. We actually went and sat at almost every single sofa and chair. And took photos for further reference (I hope this doesn’t mean that I’m feeling broody).


so pretty Posted by Picasa


my butt got stuck in the round chair Posted by Picasa
i nearly had to leave ikea with that on my butt


i'm totally making myself at home Posted by Picasa

No comments: