Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little things

I've been meaning to write an entry regarding our hilarious journey thru house hunting, i even have it all framed in my head, but i kept getting waylaid by alot of sai gang at work, more and more presentations to do (i just did one today that my boss dumped on me with just 3 days notice), and helping Catechol with his new stall which is opening soon.
Will try to get down to doing it this weekend (which is my first weekend where i'm not on call or post-call this month).
Just a small entry to whet ur appetite now:


Reasons why I think I am going to enjoy my new house:


1) Walking distance to Liang's place (this is quite important to both of us)
2) Still relatively near my area now (Already my parents have made at least 3 trips, i think my dad 4, just to 'scope out the area' and 'have a feel of the place'. more on their weird antics later)
3) NOT at Rivervale or Punggol (no offense to the pple staying there, but to someone who don't drive, these places may as well be in jb)
4) There is a HUGE hawker with pretty decent food and at least 3 other coffee shops just a few metres away. (Those of u who have been to my hse would appreciate why I'm so happy with this.)
5) Taking into consideration point number 1 and point number 4, I may not need to cook for the next 5 years.
6) There is a soya bean specialty stall in the neighbourhood mall that sells darn good soya bean drink and tau huay. Ever since i've left marine parade where i drink the very nice soya bean everyday, i've been on the search and disappointed time and again for its replacement. I'm now addicted to this new stall.
7) There are some very old-school and interesting shops in the 'mall' including a pet shop and a vet!
8) I noticed at least 2 clinics that open very long hours, and we all know what that means....
9)I will still be walking distance to a pool and a gym.
10) I will be walking distance to K-Box!!!
11) I will finally have friendly and not so suspect neighbours.

Cons:
1) Still pretty inconvenient compared to my house now in terms of accessibility train wise.
2) Nothing beats walking distance to SGH
3) I will be very near Wk's alma mater, whom people say is haunted??!!!

No comments: