Monday, February 08, 2010

Temptation

I've recently met someone new.
He's quite a funny and quirky character, very sweet and I have to say extremely cute with doe eyes and gorgeous hair.
And though it's only been two days, I'm guilty to say that i'm alrady developing a crush on him.
My parents adore him and he's quite enamoured of me too.
But i look at my first love, who also has a pair of soulful brown eyes that would rival anyone's, eyes who saw me through all the difficult times of my life, and i get so overwhelmed with guilt.
And so i resisted temptation, hardened my heart and said no.



Introducing....
Jack....

My neighbour's abandoned dog, who is a blond long-haired dachshund puppy! (for those of you who don't know, that's sandy's breed)
So when another neighbour asked us to help them babysit him, my parents agreed and my mum was VERY keen on adopting him for good.
My dad has even taking to calling him Jack, and said the chinese name can be Jie Lun (I think he confused Jack with Jay but i din have the heart to correct him, besides what kind of a name is Jay for a dog?)

So far it's day two of babysitting, and i have spent the last 2 days of my precious leave stuck in my living room, toilet training and scolding the pup.
I have forgotten how tiring puppy training is (yes i was the one who trained sandy 12yrs ago, she was toilet trained beautifully but now 12yrs later, dementia and incontinence set in and there goes all that training down the drain)

Except for the fact the the puppy is destroying everything in sight, and sandy is barking everytime i spare a bit of my attention playing with him or carrying him, things have been going well (no bloodshed).

I met up with some potential adopters last night and hopefully if all goes well they can take him off my hands. Meanwhile I hope Sandy can tahan the jealousy till then.

No comments: