Thursday, August 25, 2005

Goodbye Changi, Hello TTSH

After two whole months of clerking terminally ill patients, looking at poor old lifeless patients on ventilatory support, listening to Dr Poh trying to ‘tai ji’ the social issues out of the ward, it’s very refreshing to see a patient come in for a simple case of appendicitis. It’s even more refreshing to see post-op patients who are more than willing to talk to me, after getting rejected time and time again by patients who are too sick to even talk in changi.

My first day in colorectal clinics was filled with haemorrhoids, piles and more haemorrhoids (in case you dunno, piles = haemorrhoids). After witnessing the doctor ‘stuff’ the ‘dilator’ (actually name is proctoscope, but I thought tat seems too innocent a name for that device. Wk has her own ideas abt it, go ask her I’m too ashamed to mention it here) up so many arses, I think I have seen enough to last me a lifetime. There was a particularly ‘inconsiderate’ lady who really disgusted and freaked the hell out of me. I’m not going to repeat this story as it was really very disgusting.

So far, it's on the whole rather enjoyable, what with Prof Low's "Are you alright?" and his "I'm not all right, i'm half left and half right." and our goal to tempt him to pat us on the back.

There’s just one thing I want to ask: “Why must everything start at 7.30am everyday?�

No comments: